Tuesday, December 25, 2007

sigh

I've been up since 4 am. I'm not going to lie, this will not be on making the list of "best christmas ever." I am still a bit bitter that because Paul and I don't have insane personal problems or don't pop out babies by the thousands that we are left to hold down the fort in this arctic wasteland whilst people with Dr. Phil worthy complexes are at home enjoying friends and family. I could get all after school special about this and note that our current circumstance helps us to appreciate the importance of family. However, I'm not nearing that stage of rationale quite yet. So here I sit on Christmas morning with a cup of tea reading archives of cynical_nurse, holding back a few tears, and entertaining the cat with the pull strings of my PJs. I'm quite sure that I'm being melodramatic currently, which could be attributed to one of many factors.
In a few hours we will head over to a friends house to exchange gifts and watch their kids open some presents. I am hoping my mood will lighten between now and then.


Just for the record, Paul and I are planning a faux high risk pregnancy with quadruplets. I , of course, will have an emergency C-section dated for december 24th 2008. I will also seek the advice of a prestigious faux high risk OB that happens to practice in southeastern virginia. (thus our fool proof plan for ensuring that we will be home for Christmas next year) I am quite positive that with my acting skills/powers of persuasion and Paul's innocent demeanor, we can pull this off. I think my current svelte appearance could pull off a first trimester pregnancy... after that I'd have to resort to oversized sweatshirts, pillows, and an occasional watermelon. You the reader could also be an accomplice: Be sure and send congratulatory cards, flowers, and cigars to Paul @ work.

Yup, I've got it all planned out ...

(and we're seriously just kidding)

Merry Christmas


Chelsea and Pauly

Bleu and Beaker too

No comments: