Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Faux Spring

I had my first iced coffee of 2008, thus signifying the start of spring. (granted it was 10 degrees outside) I've rid myself of all that is winter. My first step is refusing to wear a coat. This may seem impractical to most, but I've decided that mother nature will hasten her progression towards spring if she sees that one of her "flower children" lacks outerwear.
Paul and I headed to Fargo last weekend and had quite a wonderful time. We spent the day shopping at culinary specialty stores and he picked up a sweet pair of "vintage" nikes. (those sweat shop workers sure produce some fancy kicks) While were in Fargo, we met up with a friend we know off of the internets. It's quite odd to meet someone in person when you are used to staring at an avatar. We were a bit apprehensive at first because you never quite know what sort of weirdo hides behind an internet persona. Fortunately, Jamie turned out to be a pretty normal guy living a pretty normal life. We sat in Barnes and Noble and chatted over coffee for a few hours. After B & N we headed to the thai restaurant where we went last year for our anniversary. In addition to our entrees, we ordered some food to go so we could have thai for lunch the next day. Overall, the trip was so much fun, we listened to "America" the John Stuart mock academic textbook on the history of the United States. When discussing the Boston tea party, they had a commentator (in a period accurate british accent) exclaim "Those tea drinking motherfuckers!" (picture the queen of england uttering such a phrase.)
Also, after wrestling with my apple wireless keyboard for god knows how long, I finally purchased the new brushed aluminum wired keyboard. I have to say that as I am typing now, my fingers are having what I will describe as "digit-orgasms." So if you were considering purchasing the new keyboard, but were taken aback by its thin and minimalist design, trust me, its quite ergonomic and worth the 50 bucks.

Also, paul and I bought matching aprons... if there were a culinary counterpart of "Best in Show" ....


Happy Spring to everyone , ND will encounter spring in about oh 2 months.

No comments: